LABSYS evo TGA sensor is an alumina based rod held by the balance and equipped with a sample temperature measurement thermocouple. The sample is held in an alumina (440 μL) or platinum
(500 μL) crucible.
The state-of-the-art Calisto data treatment software allows for numerous automatic operations
like blank subtraction for hassle free buoyancy effect correction, DTG signal calculation for easier identification of start and end temperatures of mass variations, signals overlay for data comparison, and all the features necessary to treat data routinely according to recommended ASTM, ISO or other testing standards.
EVOLVED GAS ANALYSIS
LABSYS evo offers a “Plug & play” gas analyzer coupling device,enabling simultaneous MS and FTIR connections. The coupling device is heated up to 300 °C to avoid any gas condensation and is complete ly insulated for a safe handling.
A NEW auto sampler system is available for Labsys evo TGA, 30 samples possibilities.
LABSYS evo TGA 1150 is typically applied to polymers, pharmaceuticals, biomaterials and other organic substances like coal, oils, lubricants…
Studied phenomena range from desorption, solid-gas reactions, to decomposition, (pyrolysis, combustion…) in order to determine:
- Compositional analysis: ashes, carbon, fillers, additives’ contents and their effect on thermal stability / material quality / product performance,
- Moisture, solvent contents of pharmaceuticals,
- Volatiles analysis: absorbed, bound, or occluded,
- Loss on drying of VOC in metal working fluids, lubricants…
- Kinetics, thermal ageing/endurance.
High temperature LABSYS evo TGA 1600 is particularly necessary to characterize inorganic materials like ceramics, glasses, cermets, nanomaterials, metals, alloys, cements, plaster, minerals, composites…
Based on the variations of the TGA signals due to dehydration, dehydroxylation, decarbonatation, oxidation and other typical phenomena, it becomes possible to study:
- Their composition and its influence on their thermal stability / resistance,
- The efficiency of their synthesis routes,
- Regeneration / coke content of catalysts,
- Corrosion resistance properties.