With its temperature range (-40 to 200°C) the µSC can meet a wide range of application, especially when dealing with :
– crystallization of amorphous phase of excipients,
– purity, polymorphism of API ( the sensitivity improves the lower % of detectable amorphous phase)
Energetic Materials: Thermal activity of propellants
– degree of gelatinization of cereals, starch, polysaccharides
– thermal denaturation of proteins
– oxygen induction times of lipids
– Maillard reaction on polysaccharides, proteins interactions
– Phase transition
The µSC offers various closed and removable vessels.
All the vessels can be used in either isothermal or DSC mode. They are made of Hastelloy C, have a volume of approximatively 1 cm3 and are readily removed and easily cleaned.
Closed “batch” vessels for the analysis of raw solid or liquid samples.
These vessels are sealed, and can withstand internal pressures of up to 20 bar.
“Batch mixing” vessels for studying reactions between a solid and a liquid, or between two liquids.
Each batch mixing vessel includes two sample compartments separated by a Teflon membrane which is pierced mixing the two chambers and then mechanically agitated.
This vessel is the best fit for the determination of heat and kinetics of:
– Dissolution of salts, organic substances, pharmaceutics materials under different forms
– Enzymatic, fermentation, hydration reactions
– Interactions between dissolved molecules
– Adsorption of a solvate on a solid medium
– Change of conformation of polymers in solution